an organized closet

Wednesday, February 5, 2014
Do you ever have so many ideas, thoughts, and ambitions buzzing around your head at once that it just gets plain overwhelming?  I've been struggling with this a lot lately, and instead of acting on my ideas and making things happen, I end up plopping in front of the TV to catch up on How I Met Your Mother episodes on Netflix. Hey, it's a pretty funny show, but still... I don't feel accomplished or productive after a bout of TV-watching.

So here I am, back on the blog that I pretty much left abandoned for the past month. I know that living life is more important than sitting behind a screen and writing about it, but at the same time I know I personally really enjoy reading posts by some of my favorite bloggers (both near and far) and get inspired to contribute to the blogging community myself! I love discovering more about my own city, which is growing rapidly by the day, and sharing my adventures and finds with whoever stumbles across my little blog. Seriously, I've got blog post ideas dedicated purely to all the new things popping up in Fort Worth--I can hardly keep up so I have to write them down!

Anyway, I came up with a sort of metaphor (I wasn't an English major, so I may be slightly off on this term, but you get the idea) for this overwhelming feeling of disorganized thoughts I've had over the past few weeks: my closet! As you may have read in one of my previous posts, I moved to a new house the day after Christmas. My decorating efforts have mostly concentrated on the living room and office, but man oh man my bedroom and closet could use some TLC! While my bedroom is sparse and minimal at the moment--which I can tolerate for a little while longer--my closet is quite the opposite. This got me thinking that maybe I could use some better organization/storage options for my shoes, jeans, etc. that typically end up in random piles on the floor.

Below are a few items I have my eye on that will help me tackle this project of organizing my closet. And I'm thinking maybe once that space gets decluttered, it might just be the thing I need to spark my motivation to accomplish other life goals, dreams, and plans.
one / two / three / four / five / six

No comments