A F + B Fort Worth // foodie post

Wednesday, April 23, 2014
The time finally arrived last Thursday when I got to try one of the newer restaurants on the Fort Worth foodie scene: A F + B. This hip spot on West 7th is brimming with character owing to its unique Prohibition-esque atmosphere. From the corrugated ceiling and patterned tile floor to the industrial-style exposed brick walls and utilitarian pendant lights, it was love at first sight!

I chose to take my hubs here to kick off his birthday weekend extravaganza, thinking it would be fun to go somewhere neither of us had been to before! We started with drinks at the bar--a beer for him and a delicious pomegranate flavored cocktail called the Jack Rose for me.



For the main dish, I chose gnocchi and the hubs ordered the duck pot pie. Our meals were excellent. The ingredient quality was obviously top notch, and the flavors were both unique yet familiar. Needless to say we both cleaned our plates and were left wanting maybe just a bit more? (Small-ish portion sizes, contrary to my preconceived notions).


Overall, A F + B is the perfect spot for date nights, celebrations, and special occasions.


We finished off the night by splitting a yummy mini cheesecake from J. Rae's. If you haven't tried these yet, you must. I'm not even a "cheesecake" person but I can't resist the fluffy texture of this cake and its sugar cookie crust. Heavenly.



  PS: I'm still drooling dreaming about that melt-in-your-mouth gnocchi!

No comments