spring bucket list

Thursday, April 3, 2014
via
I recently started up a spring bucket list in my iPhone Notes app so that when I'm looking for something fun to do on the weekend, my ideas are literally at my fingertips. Some of these activities are things I've done before, while most are things that I "have always wanted to do" but tend to forget about once I get some free time. I'm looking forward to trying new things and going new places in the upcoming warm weather months. xo.

In no particular order...


1. Kayaking at Panther Island Pavilion // already been once this year. Will be returning on the reg. Such a fun way to soak up some sun and take in the beautiful Fort Worth skyline views in a peaceful environment!


2. Go to a Fort Worth Cats game // went once last year and looking forward to attending more this season!

3. Check out the Fort Worth Vaqueros (new minor league soccer team)

4. Segway tour // might see and learn things about the city I didn't know!

5. Host a Cowtown Cycle Party pub crawl

6. Try my hand at the driving range // it's been a while...

7. Go to at least one Rangers game // fulfilled this item on Opening Day (3/31)! Some sweet friends had extra tickets and invited the hubs and I to join. So much fun!

8. Fort Worth Zoo // Check! I went a few weeks ago for my mom's birthday. So fun seeing all the baby animals!

9. Host a wine and cheese party // obviously this involves staying home rather than going out, but I'd love to make it an al fresco get-together to at least enjoy a warm evening on the patio with candles, music, and yard games!

10. Find a new place to hike // I've already researched a few local gems to try out, namely the Fort Worth Nature Center and Eagle Mountain Park.

11. Run at least one 5k and/or half marathon // already signed up for a 5k in April and looking into possibly doing the Chisholm Trail Parkway half in May!

12. Spend an evening under the stars at the Coyote Drive In // the hubs and I went once last year when it first opened and have been planning to return now that the weather is just right!

13. Concert in the Gardens // nothing says "warm weather is here!" more than a picnic, best friends, and live music

14. Friday on the Green // a free version of the above. food, drinks, friends, music... perfection

15. Central Market weekend concerts // love these! such a good spur of the moment activity to do with the hubs and/or friends. I usually buy a bottle of wine and some cheese and crackers inside and then enjoy them while listening to the free performances!

16. Go on a picnic // dying to sprawl out under Trinity Park's massive oak trees with a picnic basket and the possibility of a siesta in the afternoon sunshine

17. Get a bike and take it on a spin // I want to make more of an effort to get from point A to point B on two wheels instead of four--step one, get a bike!

No comments