del frisco's grille & magnolia cheese co. // foodie post pt. two

Monday, April 28, 2014
As I mentioned in my previous post, my husband and I kicked off his birthday weekend at the fabulous A F + B. The food (and drink) shenanigans did not stop there, though! For his birthday brunch on Saturday, we went to Del Frisco's Grille in Sundance Square with a bunch of our friends. I had tried lunch there a few times and heard rave reviews about the brunch. Let me say it did not disappoint! Everyone loved what they ordered and repeatedly told me what a great choice it was for brunch.

I am usually on the fence when it comes to eating something savory (i.e. bacon, omelette, toast, etc) or sweet for brunch, but on that day I decided I wanted to give the mascarpone stuffed French toast a whirl. Whoa baby it was good.


The rest of our afternoon was spent at Rahr with some cold ones and awesome live music, Put a Cork In It for wine tasting, patio drinks with neighbors, and a Rangers baseball game (we won). Quite a busy, whirlwind of a day but we enjoyed every minute!

For Easter brunch the next day, the hubs and I rode our bikes over to Magnolia to meet my Mother-In-Law at Magnolia Cheese Company. Again, this is another place I'd heard only good things about and still hadn't been! I knew the quaint, eclectic atmosphere would be the perfect setting for a casual Easter brunch. I'm absolutely obsessed with the whole farm-to-table concept.

We started off with a cheese tray before our main dishes arrived.


I loved the variety and uniqueness of the cheeses, jams, nuts, etc. included in the tray. Most, if not all, of the items are sourced locally, which I think is pretty cool! Our favorite cheese had mustard seeds and something kind of spicy (I think it may have been called the Red Dragon??), such an unexpected flavor!

For my meal, I picked out the French toast cakes. Yes--French toast again! I usually don't like to repeat meals but the server convinced me that they would be a good choice since they were an Easter special and not on the normal menu.

I was so excited when my plate came out and I saw the fun spin they put on their French toast. The cakes were spongy and bursting with lemon flavor. The berries and berry drizzle on top complemented the lemon flavor well while also adding some pretty color to the dish! The hubs got a grilled cheese option called "The Classic" (I know he was quietly wishing I picked a restaurant with more substantial "man food"--oops!) and my MIL ordered the frittata (no pictures, sorry!).


So if you're on the market for some good brunch spots in Fort Worth--definitely check out Del Frisco's Grille and Magnolia Cheese Company for some yummy options! Del Frisco's is best for larger groups since the restaurant is roomy enough to seat a lot of people. On the flip side, Magnolia is great for couples or small groups due to its small, quaint interior. 

What are your favorite Fort Worth brunch spots? xo.

No comments