applesauce pancakes

Monday, December 9, 2013

During my relaxing iced-in day on Friday, I decided I wanted pancakes for lunch. I immediately knew I wanted to try a recipe with applesauce, so I scoured Pinterest for something that looked easy and legit. The results were fluffy and delicious. I even had enough left over to freeze and reheat for breakfast tomorrow (or dinner later?)

Applesauce Pancakes
Recipe via culinaryarts360.com

Ingredients
1 cup flour
1 tbsp. sugar
3 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1 egg
2 tbsp. cooking oil (I used melted butter)
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup applesauce

Directions
1. Whisk together all ingredients until just combined. Don't over mix.
2. Heat up a pan on medium heat for a couple minutes.
3. Scoop a couple spoonfuls of batter onto the pan. (I used 2 ice cream scoops of batter per pancake and had enough for 8 pancakes.)
4. When bubbles start to form in the batter (after about a minute or so), flip the pancake and allow it to cook for 30 seconds or until the bottom is golden brown. This step seems to vary so just keep a close eye on the pancakes to make sure they don't burn. (I cooked according to the original recipe and my first two pancakes were burned, so I had to alter this step and use less time.)
5. Remove pancakes and serve warm with syrup! Yum!

No comments