Healthy Baked Sweet Potato Fries

Thursday, April 21, 2016
My friends, I've been keeping this a secret for too long. If you are a sweet potato fan like me, you will love this recipe. It is super easy to make and also easy to change up ingredients to fit your taste. Sweet potatoes are a super filling and pretty healthy snack, side, or (in some cases for me) meal! I've been making this recipe 1-3 times per week over the last couple of months and haven't gotten tired of it yet!


What you need:
1 small sweet potato
1-2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp chopped fresh garlic*
Chili powder
Cayenne
Grated parmesan cheese
Salt
Pepper


  1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
  2. Chop the sweet potato length-wise into fries. Put in a bowl and coat with olive oil. Add garlic, chili powder, cayenne, parmesan, salt & pepper and stir a few times until the fries are evenly coated in spices. Add more or less spice to taste. I love the extra kick that the cayenne gives and the smokiness from the chili powder.
  3. Spread fries in a single layer on a foil-lined baking sheet. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes to the desired level of crispiness. I like my fries when they just barely start to burn on the edges. If you like super soft fries then around 20 minutes should be fine. Rotate the pan every 10 or 15 minutes to make sure they bake evenly. Feel free to flip the fries over midway to really ensure even baking.


*I use the pre-chopped kind in a jar because I can't stand when my hands smell like garlic all day!

No comments