about town

Thursday, October 23, 2014
I haven't posted about places I love around Fort Worth lately and thought it was due time for one of those posts! Last weekend started off with wine tasting and an out-of-this-world dinner at one of my favorite local spots: Nonna Tata. After deliberating over the menu for quite a while, I eventually ordered the same dish I got last time because it is that good. Can't go wrong with a cream sauce, amiright?

I also popped in The Usual for the first time ever and thought it was super cool. I didn't try a drink because I had enough wine for the night, but definitely plan to return and try one of their unique concoctions! 
Saturday, I made a quick run down to A&H Donuts, my absolute favorite weekend indulgence. Not only are the people that work there the sweetest ever, but their donut selection is amazing. I am a sucker for anything with sprinkles and so they never disappoint. The hubs usually sticks with a cinnamon roll. I got myself a smaller version to try--isn't it adorable? They also sell minis that are even tinier!



Sunday was dedicated to a lazy morning reading on the front porch and brunch at the Pour House. Seriously one of my favorite brunch spots in Fort Worth--everything I've tried so far has been delicious, and you really can't beat $2 "Manmosas" (aka, mimosas in a pint glass). This time around, I ordered the chicken and biscuits. So unlike me, yet I did not regret it for a second. It was exactly what I wanted! After brunch, it was time for football, football, and more football.

I'm already so looking forward to this upcoming weekend! I'll be busy with a Friday night wedding, Hallowine in Grapevine (yay!) with girl friends, and hopefully lots of lounging and football! xo.

No comments