friday faves

Friday, October 31, 2014
Happy Halloween!
via
Momfessionals

And yay for Friday Favorites! Linking up once again to wrap up not only the end of the week, but the end of the month, with a few things I have been loving lately:

1. 1989, Taylor Swift
Y'all, I honest to goodness listened to the clips of all the songs on this album when it dropped earlier this week and thought it was just so different from Taylor's usual sound that I couldn't like it. Then, I heard the album in its entirety and I did a 180. I. LOVE. IT. Not only are the lyrics so cleverly and beautifully written, but the beats are PERFECT for my evening runs. The tempo is exactly what I need to maintain a good pace and the songs are just plain fun. Go listen!


2. Count Chocula
This cereal seriously takes me back to the good ol' days. Back then, I was crazy (or "cuckoo") for Cocoa Puffs, Count Chocula, Lucky Charms... all that sugary stuff. Nowadays, I opt for healthier breakfast options but I can't help grabbing a box of this stuff for Halloween every year, since it's apparently now a "limited" release product and is not kept in stores year-round.


3. Ikea Produkt Milk Frother
Just look at this picture. Yeah, a $3 product did that. I've been thoroughly enjoying coffee shop quality lattes most mornings now. There is something about a fluffy layer of foam that makes my morning cup of joe extra special. I deem this frother a MUST BUY.
4. Fall Decor from Michaels
Michaels is already clearing house and making room for Christmas stuff (I know, right??) but this is to our advantage! A ton of their fall/Halloween/Thanksgiving decor is marked 70% off! I got a garland I had been eyeing for only $5,  a cute metal gourd lantern for about $2, and some candy corn colored string lights for less than $2. I probably could have bought way more (and there is a chance I will go back for another pass-through). Garlands, gourds, yard signs, and home decor was mostly under $10, so go check it out if you need some holiday decor!


5. Me Before You by Jojo Moyes
I just crossed off this book from my reading list and I can't recommend it enough. I could not put it down and actually finished it in about a week. Without giving too much away, the novel is an unconventional, emotional, and raw love story with characters that are both flawed yet likable. This is the first book I've read by Jojo Moyes but I've got One Plus One on my waiting list and can't wait to dive in.



Have a wonderful weekend! xo.

No comments