How to Take Your Own Headshot

Monday, February 15, 2016
As I mentioned in a previous post, I recently moved to Columbus, Ohio due to my husband getting a new and exciting job opportunity. Although I was sad to leave my old job and great coworkers in Texas behind, I also welcomed this new change with open arms and decided to view it as an opportunity to dive into a new career path that excited me while also using my new MBA skill set.



It's been a few years since I've had to look for a job so there are definitely things I need to update such as my LinkedIn profile and resume. One thing that had been on my "to do" list for quite some time actually was getting a new, professional-looking headshot! Although I enjoy taking portraits of others on the side, I've never experimented with taking a picture of myself. Using acclaimed YouTube beauty guru Michelle Phan's super helpful tips in the video above, I found a blank wall in my house across from a window (natural light is the most flattering light) and used my Aduro bluetooth selfie clicker and iPhone to take tons of pics from different angles. I normally prefer my DSLR for professional photos but for a simple LinkedIn photo, the iPhone worked like a charm.

















If you are local to Columbus and looking for a photographer for your professional, senior, newborn, family, or engagement portraits, give me a shout or check out my Facebook page for examples of previous work. I took a break while I was in grad school but ready to jump back into it!

xo

No comments