friday faves // september 12, 2014

Friday, September 12, 2014
Good morning and happy Friday!

Momfessionals

I thought I'd do something a little different today so I'm linking up with Andrea, Erika, and Narci--a few local DFW bloggers--for a Friday Favorites post!



1) TOOTSIE ROLL POPS
Yes, you read right. I'm normally a strictly chocolate girl, but lately I've been obsessed with tootsie roll pops! I brought my glass pumpkin candy jar up to work last week and filled it with candy. It's such a great way to satisfy my sweet tooth after lunch and I love that it takes me longer to eat than other sweets. They have a new pomegranate flavor in the mix, which just might be my favorite.

2) MADEWELL SLUB V-NECK TEE



I have been eyeing Madewell's perfectly slouchy tees and finally scored this one for myself over Labor Day weekend (on SALE, what could be better?) I'm not ashamed to admit I've worn it pretty much every other day since then. I got the color "Speckle", which is a nice, heathered/speckled off white that is not see-through! Now I need it in more colors! You know I just love a good basic tee.

3) PUMPKIN ANYTHING EVERYTHING

I've been on a pumpkin rampage lately. I'm blaming Starbucks' earlier than usual release of the PSL, which seems to have given me the fierce craving for pumpkin in all forms I can get it. Pumpkin coffee, pumpkin candles, pumpkin soap, canned pumpkin... you name it. And I'm just getting warmed up! (Psst, those Green Mountain Coffee Pumpkin Spice K-Cups are the best.)

4) FOOTBALL


Football season means fall, tailgating, friends, good food, and school spirit. I love going home to College Station for Aggie football games. The town is indescribably electric during this season. The hubs and I went to the home opener against Lamar last weekend and had a blast! I got a few pictures of the new stadium but hope to get some better ones on my next visit. It's amazing how much the campus has changed in the 5 years I've been gone!


5) TIMEFUL APP
I recently discovered this app and am head over heels for it! Timeful is a time management app that syncs with your calendars while also allowing you to create "To-Do's" and "Habits" and fit them to your schedule each day. Over time, the app is supposed to "learn" about you and your routine to best fit your tasks into your day. It sends you alerts when you need to move on to another appointment or to-do and you can cross things off as you go. For a list-lover like me, this (free) app is pretty much everything.

6) Avocado Toast
I don't know what took me so long to jump on the avocado toast bandwagon, but I finally took the plunge this week and I won't be looking back. This is such an easy and satisfying breakfast in the mornings. I think this is going on my regular breakfast rotation from here on out.

So that's it for this week's Friday Faves! Hope you enjoyed and please share some of your faves in the comments below. Have a great weekend! xo.

4 comments

  1. Hi, Lauren! I'm so happy to have found your blog through the link-up! Your photos of Kyle Field are awesome! And, I love that tee-it fits you perfect. I'm also digging the avocado toast-yum. I hope you have a great weekend! And, BTHO Rice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, thank you! The new field is absolutely stunning and it's only partially complete! You should definitely check it out sometime :)

      Delete
  2. Love avocado toast! I've been eating it since I was a kid! And that app sounds like it was made for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's seriously my new favorite thing for breakfast! I'm wondering why on Earth it took me this long to try it since I love bread and I love avocados :)

      The app is so great, I especially love that you can drag and drop your "to-do's" easily and rearrange your schedule. Really fun!

      Delete