running with style

Friday, November 8, 2013
As I mentioned in my previous really long post, I am currently training for a Thanksgiving Day half marathon. This is a huge commitment for me, y'all. My first week of training has been challenging, but I've been able to push through my mental limits and slowly build up my endurance, which is a pretty great feeling!

During the week, I run at my condo's fitness center because it gets dark so early and I don't feel completely comfortable running in the dark. However, on weekends and obviously on race day I will be running in the open air and am anticipating a steady drop in morning temps. I've got my eye on some fun new running clothes that will keep me warm without being too constrictive or hot. I love how a new brightly colored top or glittery headband can make me feel so much more motivated. Let me know if you have any recommendations for cute and comfortable workout clothes! xo.

1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9 / 10 / 11

PS: I'm having a hard time deciding if I should stick with my current shoes, which are two year old Asics. Or is it worth getting a new pair of Nikes this close to race day? And if I get new shoes, do I go with the new ultra-conforming Nike Flyknit or the slightly more supportive Nike Free? Decisions, decisions!

No comments