classic whiskey sour

Thursday, October 17, 2013
My happy hour drink of choice has typically been a vodka soda with a splash of cranberry. However, I've been thinking of switching up my go-to drink for something a little more "grown up" and classic.

Enter the whiskey sour. I'm not talking about the kind using the sugary sweet and sour mixer you buy at the store--this recipe uses fresh lemon juice and organic agave nectar for a delicious drink that is just as simple to prepare at home.

Classic Whiskey Sour
Makes two drinks

4 oz. whiskey
1.5 oz. agave nectar
juice of 2 lemons
ice

Combine whiskey, agave, and lemon juice in a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake well to mix, then divide between two glasses and serve. To mellow it out a bit, I like to add a tiny splash of cold water.


This drink is the perfect nightcap after a long day and a nice alternative to the usual glass of red. Cheers!

xo.

No comments