rustic apple galette

Wednesday, October 16, 2013
A happy accident led me to trying out this recipe for a delicious, rustic apple galette.

Backstory: I thought I grabbed gluten free pizza dough at the grocery store a few weeks ago, only to realize when I got home that I mistakenly picked up gluten free pie crust dough. In my defense, the packages were nearly identical. I immediately began to search Pinterest for a recipe that incorporated pie crust.

I came across an apple galette recipe via Food and Wine and fell in love with its rustic simplicity. The recipe was easy to follow, made even easier by the fact that I didn't have to make the dough!

The result was a glorious and delicious dessert. I love that the more imperfect it looks, the better. Even my hubs gave this recipe two thumbs up!



Note: I baked my galette for about 40 minutes as opposed to the recommended one hour mentioned in the recipe. I noticed my galette was getting quite golden brown and starting to burn just a little on the edges so I went ahead and removed it from the oven. For the pie dough, I used Pillsbury brand but I imagine any brand would work just fine.


No comments