a weekend of firsts

Tuesday, October 29, 2013
This weekend was full of more firsts for me. I love that blogging has rejuvenated my willingness to try new things as opposed to frequenting standbys. Don't get me wrong, having a place or a few places that I become a "regular" to is pretty cool. But Fort Worth is growing at such a rapid pace these days that I can't stand the thought of missing out on something great!

On Saturday night, the hubs and I popped in at Times Ten Cellars off of West 7th. We had heard great things from friends who had been there and were excited to try it out! My expectations were blown away.

Upon entering I was immediately taken with the lofty design of the place. Exposed brick, high ceilings, and large windows instilled airiness; however, the warm colors, leather sofas, and candlelight exuded a more intimate vibe. Our server was super helpful and allowed us to try a few wines before we decided on a bottle of the 2010 Desert Red. If you like a drier red, I totally recommend it!

We posted up on one of the sofas with our wine and a cheese plate for a few hours, making for quite a relaxing date night.




Afterward, we met friends at the newish Deluxe Bar & Grille in Montgomery Plaza to watch some football and baseball. The place is already notorious for it's massive collection of televisions lining the walls. Though a little distracting for a normal night out, it was great for a group hangout. Drink prices were pretty unbeatable, even during non-happy hour. I also tried out the s'mores and was pretty smitten. I for sure want to go back again and try out something from the normal dinner menu!

Rounding out my weekend of firsts, I finally made it to the new Max's Wine Dive for brunch on Sunday. I had been to the Dallas location once before and was eager to see the Fort Worth restaurant. Unlike the bright and sunny Dallas Max's, the Fort Worth interiors gave off a moody, dive-like atmosphere. It was love at first sight! I ordered the enormous fried egg sandwich to split with a friend while the hubs got the Fort Worth Frito Pie Omelette (with a side of fried chicken, of course.) As expected, the food was fantastic and the service was perfect. I also sampled the Roasted Relleno and thought it was pretty good. If you are really hungry though, I'd definitely go for the sandwich or fried chicken! And what's brunch without mimosas? I deviated from the traditional orange juice to test the grapefruit mimosas and they pretty much rocked my world!



I had so much fun venturing out of my routine this weekend to visit places that have been on my "to-do" list for some time. I highly recommend checking them out if you live in or visit the Fort Worth area.

What's your favorite restaurant in Fort Worth? It can be new or a long-standing hole in the wall. I want to know!

xo.

No comments