day in the district

Saturday, October 5, 2013
This past Saturday was Day in the District, an annual event that invites the public out to any of the ten participating museum/cultural venues for free.

I actually had no plans for the weekend or any intention to make them. The weather forecast called for unrelenting rain, so I decided a weekend-long date with my couch, Netflix, and the hubs were in order. Before settling into our lazy afternoon, we ran out to get lunch. It was on our drive home through the Cultural District that we saw people everywhere walking around our soon-to-be new 'hood. I remembered reading about Day in the District and told my husband that must be why everyone was out! To my great surprise, he pulled into the parking lot at the Modern Art Museum and we were lucky enough to score a spot. In the 4 years I've lived in Fort Worth, this was my first time to step foot in a museum (though it's been on my "to do" list for forever.)

If you haven't been to the Modern yet, I highly recommend it! The artwork was so interesting and I marveled at the emotions they were able to capture. It was the perfect rainy day activity. Many of the exhibits prohibited photography, which is unfortunate because there were some really cool ones I would have loved to photograph! Below are just a few I was able to snap during my first visit.

xo.












No comments