monday must-have // the plaid scarf

Monday, August 4, 2014
Hello and happy Monday! I hope everyone had a great weekend. Here in North Texas, we experienced some uncharacteristically cooler temps for August. I'm feeling so ready for fall! Who's with me?

On Saturday, my mom and two sisters came up for the day to hang out and shop!

We kicked off the morning with breakfast/brunch at McKinley's, one of my favorite favorite restaurants here in Fort Worth. The food is always outstanding, and they recently revamped the menu so it was fun trying something new! I got the egg white scramble, which was great; one sister got the paleo plate, which also looked wonderful--she remarked it was one of the best things she's ever had; little one got a cinnamon roll at my suggestion--can't go wrong with those babies; and mom got the breakfast burrito, which also looked good. And you know we had to get cookies. The bakery is really the whole reason I go. If you haven't been, I highly suggest it. The thumbprint cookies are some of my favorites, but the cupcakes are also out of this world.

After we fueled for our afternoon of shopping, we hit up Gap in University Park Village first. I picked up some cute tropical-printed flip flops for my upcoming beach trip. Sisters found quite a few basic tees and shorts. We also headed to J. Crew and Madewell, but left empty handed. Next, we headed to Northeast Mall, where I found what is sure to be a closet staple for me this fall. It is too good not to share:

Forever 21 scarf

The best part? It's $6!! Go get one asap! I know it won't be cool enough to wear it for another few months, but once it is you'll be glad you snatched one up before they are gone. xo.

No comments